Friday, August 7, 2009

Scene 1

The scene opens with a family living room. A young boy around 5, Derrick, dressed casually with a flower print button down shirt and brown shorts in sitting on the rug with a stuffed animal collection in front of him. He is playing with the animals, occasionally turning one of them round in his hands and looking closer. His father, Greg, comes in and the boy turns around.

Greg: Playing with your zoo again Derrick? Don’t tell me you’re going to take them to the beach too?

Derrick: No dad. Just my favorite one. Holds up stuffed turtle.

Greg: Chuckles and sits down on the couch beside Derrick And does this little turtle have a name?

Derrick: I don’t know if it’s a boy or girl, so I can’t name it.

Greg: Well son, she looks pretty enough to be a girl. I suppose Diana will be a good girls’ name for a turtle.

Derrick: Okay!

His mother Hannah walks in with large bag.

Greg: Gets up I’ll load the basket into the truck.

Fiona: Thank you dear. Come on Derrick. I don’t want to miss the afternoon sun.

Greg disappears into the Kitchen. Derrick runs up to follow Hannah but stops halfway and doubles back. He picks up his turtle and then continues out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment